01) Toly Braun – Get Wild (Original Mix)
02) Me & My Toothbrush, Croatia Squad, KinSpin – Sundown Self Control (KinSpin Mashup)
03) Jako Diaz feat. Maura Hope – Ready to Fly (Moe Turk Remix)
04) Meramek – Only You (Original Mix)
05) SecondCity – I Wanna Feel (Abstract & Logic Remix)
06) Black Loops – No Questions
07) Princeton Rejects – Still In Love
08) Dennis Quin – Music In Me (Original Mix)
09) Hot Light – Dance Like (Original Mix)
10) Martin Ikin – Bad Young (Original Mix)
11) Eddie Amador – House Music (Robosonic Remix)
12) Sweet Female Attitude – Flowers (Sam Divine & Curtis Gabriel Remix)
Tags: House, Deep House, Vocal House, Dance Music, Vocal Dance, Podcast, DJing, DJ Set, DJ Mix, Live DJ Set, Live DJ Mix,
Time: 60 Min
House music is a popular genre of electronic dance music (EDM) that originated in Chicago during the early 1980s. It has since become one of the most influential and enduring genres within the global dance music scene. Here are some key characteristics and elements of house music:
- Four-on-the-Floor Beat: House music is known for its consistent four-on-the-floor beat, which means a kick drum hits on each beat of the measure. This beat provides a steady and danceable rhythm.
- Soulful and Groovy: House music often incorporates elements of soul, funk, and disco, resulting in a groove-oriented sound. It aims to get people on the dancefloor and moving to the music.
- Vocals: Many house tracks feature soulful and uplifting vocals. These vocals can range from powerful diva-style singing to spoken-word samples.
- Synthesizers and Samples: House music utilizes synthesizers and samples to create melodies, hooks, and atmospheric sounds. Producers often sample classic disco or funk records.
- Subgenres: House music has numerous subgenres that cater to different tastes and styles. Some common subgenres include deep house, tech house, progressive house, and vocal house.
- DJ Culture: House music is closely tied to DJ culture, where DJs blend and mix tracks to create seamless dancefloor experiences. Clubs and festivals often feature house music DJs and producers as headliners.
- Evolution: Over the decades, house music has evolved and incorporated elements from other electronic music genres, leading to subgenres like techno-house, electro house, and more experimental forms.
- Global Influence: House music quickly spread beyond Chicago and became a global phenomenon. It has had a profound impact on dance music scenes worldwide.
- Iconic Producers: Many iconic producers and DJs have made significant contributions to the house music genre, including Frankie Knuckles, Larry Heard (Mr. Fingers), Carl Cox, and David Guetta, among others.
- Commercial Success: House music has achieved commercial success with chart-topping hits and crossover tracks that have appealed to a wide audience.
House music has a rich history and continues to thrive in clubs, festivals, and underground scenes worldwide. It is characterized by its ability to create a sense of unity and euphoria on the dancefloor, making it a beloved genre for electronic music enthusiasts and clubgoers.