Clouded Judgement – How Low (Original Mix)
Dennis Quin & Roog – Deliver Me
Patric la Funk feat. Corey Andrew – You never know (Club Mix)
Tazer – Rave Slave
Oz Romita – Curacao (Original Mix)
Deniz Kabu – Unborn Child (Original Mix)
Aaron North, Freejak – Running Away (Freejak Remix)
Kamisshake – Dark Beat (Original Mix)
ATFC – Turok
Tags: House, Deep House, Vocal House, Electro House, Podcast, DJing, DJ Set, DJ Mix, Live DJ Set, Live DJ Mix,
Time: 29 Min
House music is a genre of electronic dance music (EDM) that originated in the early 1980s in Chicago, United States. It has since become one of the most popular and enduring forms of dance music worldwide. House music is characterized by its four-on-the-floor beat, which means that the kick drum hits on every beat, creating a steady and danceable rhythm. Here are some key features and subgenres of house music:
Key Features of House Music:
- Four-on-the-Floor Beat: As mentioned, the defining characteristic of house music is its consistent beat, with the kick drum hitting on every beat.
- Soulful and Groovy: House music often incorporates elements of soul and funk, with groovy basslines and melodic hooks. It’s known for its infectious and danceable rhythms.
- Vocals: Many house tracks feature soulful or uplifting vocals, though instrumental versions are also common.
- Sampling: House music frequently uses samples from other songs, particularly from disco and funk tracks. Sampling is an integral part of the genre’s history.
- Synthesizers: Synthesizers and electronic instruments play a significant role in creating the soundscapes and melodies of house music.
Subgenres of House Music:
- Deep House: Known for its mellow and atmospheric qualities, deep house has a slower tempo and often features soothing vocals and rich, layered instrumentals.
- Tech House: Combines elements of house and techno, featuring driving beats and minimalistic arrangements. It’s known for its high energy on the dancefloor.
- Progressive House: Progressive house builds gradually, often featuring long, intricate breakdowns and epic drops. It’s characterized by its melodic and anthemic qualities.
- Funky House: As the name suggests, funky house incorporates elements of funk and disco, with a focus on groovy basslines and rhythmic guitar riffs.
- Electro House: Known for its powerful and energetic sound, electro house often features aggressive synths and a driving beat. It’s a favorite in festival and club settings.
- Soulful House: Emphasizes soulful vocals, jazzy instrumentals, and a relaxed, soul-inspired groove. It’s often associated with a more laid-back, emotional vibe.
- Tropical House: Features a light, summery sound with influences from reggae and tropical music. It gained popularity with artists like Kygo.
House music has a rich history and has evolved over the years, influencing many other electronic music genres. It remains a popular choice for both club DJs and music enthusiasts, and it continues to evolve with new subgenres and innovative artists pushing the boundaries of the genre.