01) TEEMID – Childhood
02) Fernando Campo feat. Veselina Popova – If (Alex Panchenco Remix)
03) Kenny Thomas, BKT – Burnin’ Up (Spiritchaser Club Remix)
04) Siege – Crunk (Original Mix)
05) Spiritchaser ft. Terry Grant – Dancing In My Head (Backstreet Shuffle Extended Mix)
06) Kinky Movement, Deju – So Good (Original Mix)
07) Animist – Wanna Dance (Original Mix)
08) DJ Able feat. Donald Sheffey – Whatcha Gonna Do (Original Mix)
09) Low Steppa – Everybody (Original Mix)
10) Giom – DreamDoll (Original Mix)
11) DJ Meme – Philly Call (Original Mix)
Tags: House, Deep House, Vocal House, Sensual House, Sexy Deep House, Podcast, DJing, DJ Set, DJ Mix, Live DJ Set, Live DJ Mix,
Time: 61 Min
House music is a genre of electronic dance music (EDM) that originated in Chicago in the early 1980s. It is characterized by a repetitive four-on-the-floor beat, which means a steady kick drum on every beat of the measure. House music is known for its infectious grooves, soulful vocals, and a focus on rhythm and melody. It has become one of the most influential and enduring genres within the electronic music landscape. Here are some key features and subgenres of house music:
- Four-on-the-Floor Beat: The defining feature of house music is its steady 4/4 beat, where the kick drum hits on every downbeat. This beat provides a solid foundation for dancing.
- Melodic Elements: House music often incorporates catchy melodies, chord progressions, and piano riffs that create a euphoric and uplifting atmosphere on the dancefloor.
- Vocals: Many house tracks feature soulful or uplifting vocals. Vocal house is a subgenre that places a strong emphasis on vocals and lyrics.
- Subgenres: House music has numerous subgenres, each with its own unique characteristics. Some popular subgenres include deep house (known for its laid-back and atmospheric vibe), tech house (with a focus on minimalistic and techy sounds), and progressive house (which often features extended build-ups and epic drops).
- Sampling: House producers frequently use samples from classic disco, funk, and soul tracks, infusing these elements into their music to create a sense of nostalgia and familiarity.
- DJ Culture: House music is closely tied to DJ culture, where DJs use turntables or digital equipment to mix and remix tracks seamlessly in clubs and at festivals.
- Iconic DJs and Producers: Many iconic DJs and producers have made significant contributions to the house music genre. Some notable figures include Frankie Knuckles, Larry Levan, David Guetta, Daft Punk, and Carl Cox.
- Global Influence: House music has a global following and has played a crucial role in shaping the electronic music scene in various countries. Different regions have developed their own house music subcultures.
- Evolution: House music has evolved over the years, incorporating elements from other genres and electronic music styles. It continues to influence and be influenced by the broader EDM landscape.
House music has a timeless quality and remains a staple in clubs, festivals, and electronic music events worldwide. Its ability to bring people together on the dancefloor and create a sense of unity and celebration has made it a beloved genre within the EDM community.