Solu Music – Fade (Earth Mix)
Cerrone – Tattoo Woman (Sex On The Beach Mix)
Nora En Pure – True (Original Mix)
MIGUEL MIGS, COCO BONNE – (#8A) Misunderstood (Midnight Vocal)
Anna Cavazos, Tony Loreto – Just Dancing (Original Mix)
Kamaura – Sweet Thang feat Marcus Collins (Mandal & Forbes Remix)
Cromine – Lovin (Original Mix)
Anton Ishutin, Deniz Reno – Remember (Original Mix)
JC Unique – Together (86deep Remix)
Cafe 432, Marcelle Duprey – Waste My Time (Original Mix)
Tags: House, Deep House, Vocal House, Soulful House, Podcast, DJing, DJ Set, DJ Mix, Live DJ Set, Live DJ Mix,
Time: 30 Min
House music is a genre of electronic dance music (EDM) that originated in the early 1980s in Chicago, Illinois, USA. It has since become one of the most influential and enduring genres in the global dance music scene. House music is characterized by its four-on-the-floor beat (a steady, kick-drum beat on each downbeat), repetitive rhythms, and a focus on groove and rhythm.
Here are some key features of house music:
- Four-on-the-Floor Beat: The signature feature of house music is its steady 4/4 beat, where the kick drum hits on every downbeat. This beat provides a strong and danceable foundation for the music.
- Groove and Rhythm: House music places a strong emphasis on rhythm and groove, often achieved through the use of syncopated hi-hats, snare drums, and percussive elements. The groove is designed to keep listeners moving on the dancefloor.
- Soulful and Funky Influences: House music often incorporates elements of funk and soul, including sampled vocals, piano chords, and basslines. These elements contribute to the genre’s infectious and soulful sound.
- Electronic Instruments: House music is produced primarily using electronic instruments and synthesizers. Producers use synthesizers to create melodies, basslines, and various electronic effects.
- Vocal Hooks: Many house tracks feature vocal hooks or sampled vocal snippets that add an extra layer of catchiness and accessibility.
- Subgenres: House music has diversified into numerous subgenres over the years, including deep house, tech house, progressive house, and more. Each subgenre has its distinct characteristics and influences.
- Pioneers: Some of the early pioneers of house music include artists like Frankie Knuckles, Larry Heard, Marshall Jefferson, and Ron Hardy. These DJs and producers played a pivotal role in shaping the genre.
- Global Influence: House music quickly spread from its Chicago roots to cities around the world, becoming a global phenomenon. It has had a profound influence on other electronic music genres and has inspired countless DJs and producers.
- Diverse Community: The house music community is known for its diversity and inclusivity, welcoming people from various backgrounds and identities.
- Evolution: House music has continued to evolve and adapt to new trends and technologies, remaining a vital part of the electronic music landscape.
House music is a versatile genre that has given rise to countless classics and continues to be a staple in nightclubs, music festivals, and dance music culture worldwide. Its timeless appeal lies in its ability to bring people together through its infectious rhythms and uplifting melodies.